Serving Santa Clara County

Please contact us to schedule a consultation. We offer appointments via phone, video, or in person.

San Jose Modifications to Visitation Lawyers

Although visitation agreements are established in initial divorce proceedings when applicable, parents often have to make modifications to visitation agreements down the line because of changes in their personal or professional lives. Because visitation agreements do not only have considerable importance for both the parents and their children, but also can be difficult to modify, especially when one parent is opposing the modification, many people choose to seek legal help when making modifications to visitation agreements in San Jose.

Our team at the  Law Office of Daniel Jensen, LLP, understands that modifying visitation agreements can easily become a contentious issue, particularly in instances in which the parents of the child continue to harbor resentment towards their former partner. Fortunately, you can rest assured that your interests and needs are protected when you enlist the support of a qualified legal professional.

Reasons for Modifications to Visitation Agreements

Modifications to visitation agreements may be necessary for a number of different reasons, some of the most common of which include:

  • Work schedule changes or relocation
  • Concern for the safety of the child
  • Spousal violations of visitation agreements

When a parent’s situation changes, he or she may need to make a modification to the visitation agreement so they are able to still maintain a relationship with their child. Similarly, if one parent feels the wellbeing of the child is in danger due to the other parent’s lifestyle or situation, these changes likely need to be made.

Discuss Modifications to Visitation Agreements with a Lawyer in San Jose

When you need to make modifications to a visitation agreement, our legal team at the  Law Office of Daniel Jensen, LLP, can help you fight for the terms you and your child need. Speak with us about your visitation agreement and the changes you believe are necessary by calling 408-296-4100.